Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog-a-Prompt week - Day 4 - Disaster

The only place I face a disaster is with food in my kitchen. And, considering my Husband Faizan is an amazing cook I don't even step in the kitchen. I go in the kitchen whenever its really important (read: when I need to cook for Zoe). The kid loves fruits and I love her for that :-P.

So for me disaster is only food related. And when I tell Faizan 'I can try to make something new today', his answer is 'let's call for food' or 'I'm in the mood to cook' and when I insist... he says 'See, it's OK, we all know what the result will be... bekaar mein itne bartan kharab hongen'

Whoever says 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach' is not totally right... I would beg to differ, I can have a long debate with you. I did win the heart of the man I love being the world's lousiest cook.

Talking of my tryst with Food and the disasters, here are some which I did with things people find very easy to make:
  • I have burnt a simple Aloo Zeera Sabzi.
  • I always ask mum before making dal (yes, I need recipe for dal as well) and every time I either forget to add salt or haldi or lehsun.
  • Faizan loves a mug full of chai and though I make amazing chai, even if I measure I end up making 3/4 cup of chai. Every single time by default.
  • I have burnt Maggi - Just once O.K

Enough of bringing myself down, I do make a couple of things which turn out to be AMAZING ALWAYS:
  • Brown Chicken with Rice (Yes, I make both rice and chicken )
  • Pizza with homemade pizza base
  • Pancakes
  • Eggs (of any kind, I'm my family's egg expert)
  • Chicken and oats Khichdi
  • Any kind of cakes, cookies and muffins
  • Chinese - (Fried Rice, Chilli Chicken & Noodles)
So next time if you have guests coming over, who you wouldn't want to entertain... call me up, I would give you the perfect Kitchen Disaster recipe.

10 comments:

  1. I loved the kitchen disaster recipe idea! And, that's a whole lot of yummy stuff under "always amazing"..why slave over the usual mundane when you can cook up the unusual so well!
    I can only manage the usual stuff and still cannot put them under "always amazing" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say stick with the 'always amazing'... You have quite a bit of variety there. I'm a hit n trial person. I NEVER know how my food will turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhehe the list of what you can make can put many chefs to shame! I am proud of my dal but can never rise a cake ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies... I guess I should stick to my always amazing list. Some people just can't do mediocre things I suppose :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah just the easier things baffle you it seems ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Pallavi.. you could prepare other amazing things whereas simple cup of chai beocmes 3/4th always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha!! Loved both the lists! And I won't even get started on what I can cook or not,there are a couple of disasters hidden in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. next time you must bake your aaloo zebra sabzi to make it amazing...wow making complicated things so easily and u say that when u want to make something new, ur hubby will call food from out..heehe.nice post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok with that long list of stuff you make well, you cannot claim to always be a disaster in the kitchen :). I love to cook, but make me do it everyday and I'll go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah .. for years I could never make maggi well. either too lumpy or too dry and undercooked.. even when I cooked decent enough , learning to make veggies and dalls on ym own by trial !

    Good fun post !

    ReplyDelete