Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blog-a-Prompt week - Day 7 - Addiction

I hate getting addicted... coz if you are addicted, you become a slave of XYZ. Now, the sad part is I'm addicted... yes I'm addicted to my laptop. Most of the time, I'm online... if I'm not working I can be found on one of the social networking sites.  There are times, when I find myself sitting in front of the laptop just like that. 

Now that I've realized it. Actually its been long that I've known about this addiction of mine. I guess it's time to change. I will try and lessen the number of hours I waste in front of the screen. I cannot change the amount of work related stuff I do. But I can bring the number of hours I spent socializing online. 
Maybe I can start reading some more, I will like that. Or may be spend some more time with Z, or the husband. Best would be if I spend some of the time I waste on this so called addiction of mine... with myself. I guess I should start by doing the later. 

So what are you addicted to?

3 comments:

  1. Same here. Internet is a huge time-waster if you ask me, no less than TV. I don't watch any TV but because of all the gadgets around and wi-fi enabled in all of them, you tend to keep checking them. So, many times I turn off the Wi-Fi. I think we should keep timeslot for internet hours. I really don't want to pass this addiction to my son. As it is he wants our phones all the time :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would be Internet - through the laptop, the iPad the phone. I keep peeping to see if there are any notifications anything new :( I need some control there. Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete